Getting Started



The State of New Jersey offer families limited therapeutic services for children who experience emotional and behavioral difficulties. In order to obtain services for your child, you must first contact Performcare. You can request Kidz Can Corporation as your child’s in home provider. Your child may receive in-home therapy from a licensed professional at no charge to you.



  • First, you must call Performcare, the NJ Contracted System Administrator, at 1 (877) 652-7624. 
  • Describe the behavioral, mental, or emotional problems that your child is exhibiting to the Performcare Representative. You may also request that Kidz Can Corporation provide services for your child.
  • Next, Performcare will assess if there is a need for some type of intervention.
  • Then, a Licensed Clinician will contact you to schedule a Psychological Evaluation/Strength and Needs assessment with you and your child. The evaluation that is completed by the Licensed Clinician determines whether or not in home services are recommended.
  • The Licensed Clinician will complete the evaluation/assessment and submit it to Performcare. 
  • If Performcare approves services, a clinician from Kidz Can Corporation will contact you to schedule therapy sessions. 

Referrals are typically received directly from the Division of Children’s System of Care (CSOC) Contracted System Administrator (PerformCare) or from CSOC system partners: Children’s Mobile Response and Stabilization Services and Care Management Organizations. 

Please call our office with any questions. We are glad to offer assistance.